Galloway-Williams



Client

KLH Industries
Jackson Mississippi
 

Structural, Electrical, Mechanical,
and Architectural Design
WFTArchitects, P.A. 
Located across the street from the antebellum Manship House, the Galloway-Williams House was built in 1895 as the home of Charles Manship’s grand-daughter, Annie, and her husband Albert Galloway. In keeping with the highly decorative Victorian styles popular at that time, the Queen Anne style Galloway-Williams House consists of a complex form with steeply sloped roofs, a wrap-around porch, and distinctive Eastlake detailing.
Total Building Area
2,300 sf 
A local auto parts manufacturer looking to locate their corporate office close to downtown Jackson purchased the house and hired WFT Architects to guide the renovation.  In order to qualify for federal historic preservation tax credits, the renovation followed the Standards for the Renovation of Historic Structures established by the U.S. Department of the Interior’s National Park Service.

The original internal configuration of rooms around a central hallway was easily adapted to office use. The end of the central hall widens in the area of a 1940 addition to serve as a secretarial/reception space, and a rear porch, added in 1914 and subsequently enclosed, was again reopened and enclosed with window walls to provide access to support spaces. All original exterior and interior spindle work, fireplace mantels and surrounds, over mantles, paneled doors, moldings, and pine floors were added in a manner compatible with the structure’s historic character. The color palette was carefully developed to complement the structure’s historic character and enhance its detailing.


        home    awards    services    projects    contact                                                                          OurTeam